Cannabis is one of the most beautiful plants on Earth with few others matching its versatile medicinal uses. Many scientific publications have shown the cannabinoids from juices and extracts are very effective against diseases such as cancer, epilepsy & seizures, asthma, migraines, MS, IBS, Alzheimer’s and many other diseases. Some believe that raw cannabis should be treated as a dietary staple.
The body is able to tolerate larger dosages of cannabinoids when cannabis is consumed in the raw form. This is because when you smoke cannabis, the THC actually acts as a CB1 receptor agonist and your body can only absorb about 10 mg at a time
CBD works on receptors, and as it turns out, we have cannabinoids in our bodies, endogenous cannabinoids, that turn out to be very effective at regulating immune functions, nerve functions, and bone functions. The endogenous cannabinoid system acts as a modulator in fine-tuning a lot of these systems, and if something is deranged
biochemically in a person’s body, it may well be that a cannabinoid system can bring things back into balance.
Now we know all this is very exciting, but do not go throwing your dispensary buds in the juicer thinking your about to make a magic healing potion. Here are 7 tips on juicing raw cannabis:
- When it comes to juicing, as with any vegetable, the fresher the better.
- Cannabis that has been dried and prepared for smoking is NOT suitable for juicing.
- Juice 15 leaves, and 2 large (2 to 4 inches long) raw buds per day.
- Raw buds are flowers harvested when the THC glands are clear rather than amber.
- It is recommended that you mix in another vegetable juice to cut the bitterness of the raw cannabis.
- A popular choice is carrot juice – a ratio of 1 part cannabis juice to 10 parts carrot juice.
- Split the drink into 3 parts and drink with each meal, or store for up to 3 days in a tightly sealed container
When juicing raw plant material, no psychoactive THC is consumed because the molecule simply is not present in the plant. Thus, patients who juice experience no euphoria.